When Dream and Day Unite Demos
Lineup: Portnoy, Petrucci, Myung, Moore, Dominici
Tracklist: Click songs for 30 second samples
- Disc One
- Instrumental Demos 1987
Early Charlie Demos 1987
- Afterlife 5:24
- The Killing Hand 8:04
- The Ones Who Help To Set The Sun 7:27
- Ytse Jam 5:51
- Cry For Freedom 6:45
- Ressurection of Ernie 6:42
- Peartnoy's Complaint/Drum Solo 1:52
- A Fortune In Lies 4:31
- Only A Matter of Time 6:26
When Dream and Day Unite Pre-Production Demos 1988
- A Fortune in Lies 5:21
- Afterlife 5:41
- The Ones Who Help To Set The Sun 7:29
Xmas Demos 1988
- A Fortune in Lies 5:20
- Afterlife 5:40
- Ytse Jam 5:50
- Only A Matter of Time 6:52
- The Ones Who Help to Set The Sun 7:33
- The Killing Hand 8:23
- Light Fuse and Get Away (instrumental version) 7:52
Availability: This CD is only availalbe for purchase through YtseJam Records's website. It is not avaialable yet.
- To Live Forever 4:29
- Mission: Impossible 1:23
- Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End 6:11
- O Holy Night 4:12
- A Vision '89 8:01
- Studio Chat 2:10
Purchase: Ytsejamrecords.com, $20.00
- The liner notes indicate this is a direct continuation of Dream Theater's history, which started with The Majesty Demos.
- Ressurection of Ernie was based on John Myung "levitating" the ernie that sat on Mike Portnoy's drumkit during the song.
- The X-Mas demo was the last time Mike's 4-track was used, to create a gift demo for freinds and family.
- Mike can be heard getting pissed off at John Petrucci at the end of Mission: Impossible.
- The version of A Vision is abridged from the version on The Majesty Demos.
- There is a 13th "hidden" track on the second disc, I'm calling this one "studio chat" because it also appeared on the "Stranger Than Fiction: A Collection of Rare Recordings" bootleg, and that's what it was called there.