Lineup: Mike Portnoy, Roine Stolt, Neal Morse, Pete Trevawas
Tracklist: click songs for 30 second samples
Availability: This CD is not very common in stores, I would reccomend getting it online Via amazon or ebay.
- All of The Above 30:59
- We All Need Some Light 5:44
- Mystery Train 6:51
- My New World 16:15
- In Held (Twas) In I 17:21
Purchase: Amazon.com 14.99
- This group consists of Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater, Roine Stolt of The Flower Kings, Pete Trevawas of Marillon and Steve Morse of Spock's Beard.
- The album title comes from the initials of the band members.
- The band's "blue airship" is evidently inspired by The Beatles "Yellow Submarine".
- The group has only released two actual albums, this one and Bridge Accross Forever. Their discography is rounded out by a limited edition, two live albums, a collection of demos and a remix.
- A remix of the album, entitled SMPTE -- The Roine Stolt Mixes is available.
- Transatlantic has broken up since Morse has quit both this band as well as Spock's Beard to persue a future in christian music. Portnoy has stated that he won't do another Transatlantic album without Morse being involved, and has gone on to found another prog supergroup, OSI.
- Jim Matheos, who appears on OSI was one of Portnoy's original picks for Transatlantic
- In Held (Twas) In I is a cover song, the song was originally done by the band Procul Harum.